We are trying to get better at planning and reducing our grocery bill. In that vein, I put together a 2 week meal plan, hit a grocery store having a grand opening sale, and hopefully, except for milk and fruit, we won't need to grocery shop next week... and only spent 100 bucks. And I really did buy meat for 12 meals... which is kinda crazy.
Also some recent tips I have enjoyed:
- When making meals for other people - which I start to do when ever anyone in the family gets sick or is having surgery - use a dish that most people have in their kitchen. I use my Pyrex square 8x8. Line it with parchment paper, put the dish together, freeze. THEN take the parchment paper with the food OUT - it will slide out if you put Pam down first. Now you don't have to worry about getting your dish back - they just put the item in their similarly shaped dish and go to town. This also takes up less room in your freezer.
- The girls and I made a bunch of these for teachers, hostess gifts, etc. Easter Bunny S'mores - I tried the modified directions and couldn't get it to work, but using the original instructions worked perfectly and the girls got to do a lot of this.
- I used scrabblog.com to make the tag to accompany the above :
- I can't figure out how to have the numbers continue... But if you spray a tupperware dish with Pam prior to putting a red sauce in it, it shouldn't stain... it works! Even on the Gladware.
- I am making a couple of these to take to a wedding the girls are in, they are SUPER easy! http://lipstickandlaundry.blogspot.com/2008/11/crayon-note-book-cozy-tutorial.html
- I am also going to try to make the following 2 recipes to try out: