Friday, February 29, 2008
If you don't know, I don't think about what I am going to write about, ahead of time. Really, I just hit New Post and words come out. When I try to think about what I am going to write I get too wrapped up on who my potential audience is or if I sound dorky or what if they don't like it, etc.
So my 300th post will really be a WOO Fing HOO the weekend is here. The place I am sitting as I write this sucks great big monkey balls, seriously, they do. BUT...
1) Soon I will be picking up my kids and playing
2) Packing to head to VA to paint
3) Hitting the gym
4) Driving 2 hours in a car, by myself, to have some girl time, maybe?!? get a hair cut?? (and the 2 hours by myself is a GOOD THING! I got an iPod and some ABBA, what more could a girl ask for)
5) Painting and heading home on Saturday
And maybe, just maybe, I won't have to use my brain much. That would be good.
So my 3ooth post (dun dun dun) is here... and now I can blog feely without the freaking PRESSURE!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
They were HILARIOUS! They would hug and try to wrestle each other down. Molly kinda won a few times... that child is STRONG!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I have been starting to use labels and assign them out and it wasn't intuititve to me, that when I checked something, made a change, it didn't get UNchecked when I saved the change. So I believe I may have inadvertenly removed what I wrote yesterday which was basically a cry baby session... by doing a lot of clicking, checking, and unchecking.
So yesterday I mentioned the following:
1) I start a new job on 3/10 and I am scared/excited/nervous/ etc.
2) I am having a family dinner at my house on Sunday.
3) I am going to a painting party on Saturday
4) Some people are buttheads and aren't really "speaking" to me or so it seems to me (at my current job).
Anywho... Hi! Lots of pictures because I was camera happy on Sunday :) More later today.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
M: Aubrey what do you want to be when you grow up?
A: without hesitating Well, I am going to be a super-hero with a blue cape and a big A and a mask with a stripe that I make all by myself and have soap to soap the world. Mommy what will you be when you grow up?
M: I think I will be Aubrey's Mommy
A: No you have to be an animal. I will be a mermenaid*, daddy will be a whale who will catch the mermenaids to take care of them and then catch them again. And mommy you can be a dolphin, no I am a dolphin, no you are a unicorn and I am a dolphin and whales don't catch dolphinds, just the mermenaids.
*read mermenaid like a cross between lemonade and mermaid.
And Ms. Molly once again blows me away. She likes to take her shoes off in the car. When we got home from school tonight she only had one shoe and I didn't see the other one. I said, "Molly where is your shoe". She said, "I don't know". I did a complete double take and asked her again and she said, "I don't know".
Later in the evening I ask her where her milk was, "I don't know". Crazy kid.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
- We spent 3 hours at a Wal Mart Super Store today. It was not super.
- Both girls got haircuts today and I will post LOADS of pictures soon.
- How does a Super Store NOT have pesto, pizza sauce, semolina flour...
- I didn't actually gain 8 lbs since Christmas, apparently flying to Florida makes the scale all weird and it was back to normal by Wednesday.
- I did go to the gym once last week, yay for me.
- Doug is way more funner than me but I am gooder at English.
- He taught Molly to "pants" me... Doug does this a lot, when my hands are full in the kitchen he comes up behind me and yanks down my pants. So he taught Molly how to do this and now she keeps trying to pull down my pants... and underwear.
- Which reminds me about that one time that Doug gave Aubrey his fart machine and taught her how to use it...
- Aubrey's "blonde" is GONE, and I am inexplicably blue about that
- We went to dinner last night - just Doug and I - to celebrate Valentine's. Doug's parents came over and watched the kids - which they enjoyed (the kids). And we are so lame that we went to dinner, went to Cold Stone, and were home by 8:15. Good times, people, good times.
- I did finish and submit our taxes :) And the feds and state accepted them. I toasted to that with a Corona Lite.
- I was called brilliant in a comment here and that totally made my month.
- And I know a couple of you have the button but haven't submitted ideas yet...
- I called my self a "mommy blogger" in an odd place recently and was wondering if I am allowed to use that term or do you have to be famous like Sunshine or Dooce to do that? Or do you have to be a really good writer ? How does that work?
- Also, how does the whole awarding buttons thing work? What is the etiquette around that? Cause I love buttons and I love awards and I love winning and I love passing the love around...
- I have this whole post in my head about how growing up I wanted to be a writer... and freaking DUH that is what I am... except that it is technical stuff I write -but still. I write, I make a living. Pretty cool.
- I seriously love bullet points and lists.
Friday, February 22, 2008
- Decisions were made, actions taken
- Snow Day - whole family home and because my husband ROCKS I was able to handle 3 hours of conference calls with no interruption... sitting in front of a fire with laptop... ahhhhh
- Husband is making homemade pizza and wings and I have opened my Corona Lite
- Every time hubby makes pizza he says, "I don't know why, but I think this pizza is going to be really good".
- He makes pizza at least once a week.
- Laundry is done, trash collected
- It is only FRIDAY! An entire weekend of qualtiy time is coming my way!
- Aubrey got 2 things of color wonder books and markers and I really think they are magic and I like them - maybe more than Aubrey. My Disney Princesses and Fairy renderings are art. Seriously.
- The color wonders "pads" have "mysteries" which Aubrey is WAY into and it keeps her busy for HOURS... nothing keeps that child busy for 5 mintues...
- I can't think of anything else but we are truly blessed!
And as Aubrey says, "Dear God Our Highest Father in Heaven, thank you for joy"
The rules are:
1. Pick up the nearest book
2.Turn to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next 3 sentences
Tag five people.
I tag, anyone that wants to.
Each book I picked up next to my desk didn't have 123 pages... but I found Angel Falls by Nora Roberts buried under the Wii box. Haven't read it yet...
"I'd say you're wrong about that. What did he do? Move toward her?"
Meme #2 Life in the Fast Lane again
Seven Interesting Things About Me
1. I would prefer sitting home and reading a book to anything else
2. I love a challenge and accountability - and that is how I do my best work
3. I am a procrastinator
4. I am finding this very difficult which is odd since I am a list person and have lists of lists.
5. I exaggerate - a lot
6. I had to use spell check for this list but didn't have any spelling errors at this point but was paranoid.
7. I am lactose intolerant yet always wonder why Molly is lactose intolerant.
Meme #3 Sunshine:
Not tagging, just do it if you think it seems interesting.
Let’s make a band:
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random The first article title is the name of your band.
2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.
3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/? The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
Now take your pic, add the band name and title to it, then post it.Here's mine!
Name of Band: Ham Tam
Title of Album: Knot and Hang On
Album Cover: Click Here
I was not fancy enough to actually add teh band name and title... I tried and failed.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
A: Mom, where did the sun go
M: It went to bed it was tired
A: Actually, mom, it went down down down, the sun just went down.
M: You are right, Aubrey, the sun went down - but it was sleepy so it went down to bed.
A: Mom, it just went down and it will rise back up when I wake up from nap time.
A: Mom, you need to order 3 hamburgers for me because Iam 3. How many are you again? You need that many hamburgers - is that a lot of hamburgers? Will they make that many hamburgers for you
M: Take a breath Aubrey, take a breath.
A: What mom, I am breathing.
A:in the whinest voice EVER BUT I WANT A SHOW
M: But you were not being a good listener.
A: But I want to be a good listener.
M: I know you want to be a good listener, but you were not a good listener.
A: But mom if I want to be a good listener I will be and I will watch a show.
EXACTLY! Maybe I scored ONE point in this evening's activities until...
A: Well, I don't want a show that many (read: MUCH) so I want to be a good listener but I am not a good listener right now.
We went to a make up swim lesson this evening - just Aubrey and I. The little fish did GREAT - until she REFUSED to get out of the pool...
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
2. It is NOT toooo crazy to do the Blog 365 and I will still most likely blog every day, and may do the monthly ones. But with the trip last week and having ZERO internet it was STRESSING me out, and this is supposed to be fun, not stressful. I LIKE that my friends are blogging more often! Keep at it girls! And if I didn't have the 2 family vacations planned... I might still say in the race.
3. Because a lot of different people read this, sometimes I need to be careful about what I say. And I did not do a good job of that today and just should have stayed quiet. But I am SOOOOOOO not good at staying quiet. SORRY! If you want to know the not exciting, normal every day life scoop... email me.
4. Doug and I are so blessed with our family, our friends, our health, our children's health, our jobs, etc. So sometimes when I bitch/whine I even piss myself off - and I do apologize.
5. The big duck - a blow up bath tub that fits in your REAL bath tub and is for babies (you pinch the duck's beak it quacks) - I have deflated it and put it in a box o stuff for my cousin to go through she IS having a baby in May... a boy. Kyle Michael.
Anything else out there that I should clarify?
Alrighty then, back to normal programming and I apologize for the broo haa haa...
Oh, and Google Reader isn't grabbing some RSS feeds, so if you haven't seen this... go check it out. Caps for A Cause a contest and good deads by my friend Anne.
I recieved no less than 5 emails today asking me about the I Quit post... some of the more interesting comments included:
Anyway.....Here are what I think are the possiblities...
1. You are going into the HUGE TOILET business....or building materials for obese people.
2. You are going into the organizational business...since you did SUCH a good job with those presentations that you sold the company and then the new owners fired you.
3. You are just saying things to "tease" your readers and wanted to see how many of us caught on to what you were saying.
4. You are moving...because you mentioned several trips in there somewhere.
Is your big news rather small...
Ahem, what is your news
I resign. BUT I will still probabably do it, just without the pressure.
Also, cutest thing ever...
Molly now says "Mommy"
And the most annoying thing ever...
Molly doesn't stop saying "Mommy"... but I love it and am excited her vocabulary has exploded.
Monday, February 18, 2008
- I have regained 8 lbs and haven't excercised in a month (well I did excercise once in Florida).
- My laundry room which is also my closet is a disaster. All my work clothes are "unhung" laying in a pile. 3 bins of kids clothes that the kids have grown out of are laying around with clothes I grew out of and halloween costumes and easter presents and chrismtas wrapping paper, and the list goes on. I am PLANNING on tackling that today. Maybe I will post a before and after picture.
- The cleaning crew is coming tomorrow and I am overly excited about this fact.
- Monday nights Doug works late and I never cook..But I should... so I have to take something out to defrost and plan something for the girls and I... or do I? Soup and grilled cheese anyone?
- I am at home by myself today. Kids are at school. I did all my work email catch up last night. I need to unpack, do laundry, go to the gym, finish taxes, and knit. And I don't really want to do any of that. I want to take a nap.
Valentine's Day Wrap Up.
I was obviously NOT home for Valentine's Day. I had Dale and Thomas deliver my hubby's favorite popcorn - addressed to "My Valentine". When I got home I had 3 cards, a dozen roses, and chocolates from my hubby and girls waiting for me. In my hubby's card there was a gift certificate to get a massage from the place we are staying when we go to Florida in March with the whole famdamily. He did good :)
I feel like I am very whiney today. Sorry about that...
And my FAVORITE 2 stories from last week...
I was at the International Builder's Show at the Orlando Convention Center. Apparently, there was a HUGE prostitution ring that was shipped in for the show. Yup, all over the local news. Classy.
And to top off classy...
This is a toilet that was featured in a booth, and the TOP message in HUGE letters was....
48.8% of Americas are OBESE, is your facility equipped to handle this?
It looks like a park bench in person. Seriously.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Yes, a week without my family, my email, my work email, blogging, news, weather, knitting, sleep, or any real food.
The FIRST thing Aubrey said to me when she saw me this morning "I miss you mommy" and the second, "Can I wear my Christmas Dress". Yup, I am home.
Molly is talking, crazy stuff. She says Aubrey perfectly, she says Mommy perfectly, she grew about a foot - no way that big girl is MY baby?!?!
Doug and his mom have the house in amazing order. The family room is all fancy again. The curtains are all up and hemmed. Doug did LAUNDRY and PUT IT ALL away! He switched out toys and re organized everything, he grocery shopped, he cleaned rooms and put clothes away. It is wonderful. He is wonderful. The kids are wonderful.
I. AM. TIRED.
So yeah, sorry, yesterday's video was from a week ago...
Hope to catch up more soon!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Age: 3 years, 4 months, and 16 days
Height: 38 -39 Inches
Weight: 36 pounds
Time Awake: Roughly 7am
Time Asleep: Roughly 7:30pm
Length of Nap: NONE
Number of times during the day when she requests to watch a Movie: At least 22
Number of time we actually let her: 2-3 times/week
Number of times she asks for a "a special treat, a special food treat" in a day: Probably 10
Number of times she flips her hair for practice: 72
Number of times she tries "will you sleep with me" during bedtime routine: 10
Number of times she asks to wear her Christmas Dress each day: 72
Number of books she insists we read at bedtime: 3
Number of legs (total) of the various stuffed creatures in her bed: Right now, 18.
Age: 1 years, 6 months, and 6 days
Height: 33 inches
Weight: 27 pounds
Time Awake: 7am
Time Asleep: 6:15 pm
Length of Nap(s):2 hours
Number of times per day that she demands that we read her a story: 27
Number of times a day I am asked to put a "shoo" on her foot/feet: At least 98
Number of times per day she asks for 'moy milk": 87
Number of times she chases after Aubrey to hug her/take a toy from her in a day: 18
Number of eggs she can put down in one sitting: The record is 4
Number of legs (total) of the various stuffed creatures in her bed: 16`
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
I will be "off-line" so to speak for the next several days. I will be trying to post SOMETHING each day to stay with my 365 committment, I will try to respond to emails but I will probably NOT be able to comment on my usual blog reading tour I take each day. Please know I wish I could and that I do miss you and I think that every word you write is worthy of my time and I will give you that time, just not when I am on my feet for 10 hours a day with my co-workers in hell.
- The Management
Monday, February 11, 2008
Forecast for Florida includes some rain but mainly sun and 75 degrees.
That can't be bad, right?
Working from home today, getting packed, looking over marketing data, stuff like that. Anyone have any tips on the best way to pack fancy dress pants so they don't wrinkle?
My sister brought me a pair of her mary jane Dansko's that fit great so I am borrowing them. I also picked up a pair of pretty black Aersole Wedge Sandles at the mall on Saturday. YAY :)
Blogger is still powering my blog. But I bought the domain name "thewhitehallcraigs", so blog will automagically send you there and publish my content there. Really, no changes - but people who have blogger blocked MAY be able to see content at http://www.thewhitehallcraigs.com/. Really, no big deal. But fun for me and that is all that counts.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
I have been conducting 2 experiments at our house.
One involves my hair. Recently, on the Today Show, in O Magazine, on the E! News show, there has been mention that we should not wash our hair every day. Instead 2-3 times a week is sufficient. This sounded gross to me but my hair was starting to get a tad dry and out of control. So I tried this. I took the advice about what to do in between washes and 2 weeks later I have completely shiny manageable hair. It feels different, it lays different, and it is quite soft!
The other experiment is that there has been ZERO TV for Aubrey. I did this because it was the first thing she asks for as soon as we get in the car or home from school. I also did this because a while ago I read something that said TV in the evening is too stimulating and causes restless sleep and potentially crazier dreams. Aubrey has been easier to put to bed and has not had ANY scarey dreams this week.
And now for some fun randomness:
- Molly was not listening to me the other night when I was asking her to come over to me to get her PJ's on. Aubrey took Molly's arm gently and walked her to me and said, "Molly you need to listen to your Mommy". I asked Aubrey if she needed a big sister to help her do that and she like totally flipped her hair and rolled her eyes at me.
- Aubrey has been PRACTICING flipping her hair - who taught her this? It is hilarious but scary
- Thank you so much for the great comments on the Travel Dread thread :) I love you guys.
- My dad hasn't really figured out how to comment - or more likely doesn't want to - so he emails me my posts with his comments :) It is very cute! Some recent comments include:
From the 33 Titles Post: Apparently you forgot about the 333 reasons why your Mom and Dad love you.
That is probably a low number but you get the point. Love, Dad
From the Travel Dread Post: So maybe you do understand how your Mom feels. I love you, Dad
And now for the question.... I have to wear black shoes at the show next week... on my feet for 10 hours a day for 5 days. I have wide feet. Any thoughts/ideas?
Thursday, February 7, 2008
This will be the first time I will be away from my Molly for more than one night. My heart is completely breaking. I am a crazy person thinking about being gone for 5 full days (6am flight Tuesday, 9 pm fligh Saturday). I am an emotional wreck thinking about missing them and wondering who will brush Aubrey's hair the way I do, or give Molly a little extra slack just because she is the baby, who will help them brush their teeth and give them a little extra treat, just because. I know their daddy and their grandparents will spoil them rotten. But I want it to be me. I want it always to be me. Because I do it just that little bit differently, I am the mom. I know what they need before the ask. I know when they are being silly and when they are truly being ornery. I know with a glance whether their tears are real or not so real or whether it is pain or hurt feelings or just because they are tired and aren't getting their way. I know the best way to distract each of them from what is making us crazy.
I am the mom. I don't want to leave them -even for one night, let alone two nights and in this case 5 nights.
I love them so much. I will miss Aubrey, Molly, and Doug while I am gone.
But I will probably, for at least one night, enjoy a bed to myself and sleeping in.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Aubrey and Molly at 6 mos - FRAMED! Thank you Betty!!!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
- 33 Reasons I married my husband
- 33 Reasons my husband should have married max
- 33 Reasons mothers should be required to drink cold beer
- 33 Reasons my daughters are smarter, pretteries, and cuter than yours
- 33 Ways to avoid cleaning your kitchen floor
- 33 Recipes that you need to have on hand
- 33 Ways I am totally blessed
- 33 Ways I am cursed
- 33 Reasons Goldfish can save your life
- 33 Best Gifts EVER
- 33 Things currently hanging on my refrigerator
- 33 Things in the bottom of my purse
- 33 Blogs I love
- 33 Moves I like in Wii
- 33 Memes I haven't gotten to
- 33 Reasons I love my job, I love my job, I love my job, I love my job, I love my job
- 33 Reasons I need a new job
- 33 Reasons Our Florida Vacation will ROCK
- 33 Reasons I love to knit
- 33 Things About Me I have never posted
- 33 Best Things about my house
- 33 Reasons I NEED a mini-van
- 33 Reason I love my Pediatrician
- 33 Things I love about Molly
- 33 Things I love about Aubrey
- 33 Things I love about girlfriends
- 33 Things I love about blogging
- 33 Ways to Make the weeks easier
- 33 Ways to Organize a Desk that I don't do
- 33 Things I like about myself
- 33 Songs I want to buy on iTunes
- 33 Things I like about birthdays
- 33 Excuses why I won't get to the other 32 posts in this list.
Aubrey and Molly painted me a beautiful picture and then Doug and Aubrey made this frame.
Monday, February 4, 2008
- It is supposed to be 65 degrees starting tomorrow for 2 or 3 days. I am quite happy with that forecast. Yesterday it was in the mid-50's and I enjoyed my flip flops!
- Molly was 18 months yesterday. I am in complete denial. How does time fast forward like that? Where is my baby?
- I got gas yesterday and it was only 2.85, that is awesome - and so weird that I think THAT is a great price.
- OMG that football games was freaking awesome. We were at Doug's Brothers and we let Aubrey stay up for the game and she had a very fun time! We were all going CRAZY!
- Did anyone else think the commercials totally sucked? Or were like, what the hell is that for?
- Tommy Petty totally rocked the house, did he rock yours? I need to go find that album! n Somewhere I know it is in our vast iTunes database.
Without exaggeration, I have 8 meetings today. Fun for me. But tomorrow I have the day off... to nap and catch up on my life. Very exciting.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
It is Baltimore Restaurant Week and we made reservations at Pazo WEEKS ago. The place was beautiful. The Sangrata (their twist on sangria) was perfect. The food was delicious and we were all yawning at 9:30 pm. We hit the Gelato Factory up north afterwards and had a nice time.
They are VERY good people. And I think I have convinced her to start blogging. So I will keep you posted and introduce her when she gets going. They do amazing things for their church, their community, and everyone they come across. I have mentioned them a couple times here and here and here and here and where it all started here.
Ok, doing a quick search made me realize we have seen them a lot more than I thought... but in a good way.
Anywho. It is Sunday, need to cook my Superbowl Dish, finish laundry, head to WoolWorks Superbowl Sale with LA, and head to the party! FUN DAY!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
From the official groundhog day site:
Phil Says Six More Weeks of Winter!
Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/08 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:
Here Ye! Here Ye! Here Ye!
On Gobbler's Knob on this fabolous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008
Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators,Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths.
After casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers,Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:
"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.
Six more weeks of winter it will be!"
For more details: http://www.groundhog.org/
Friday, February 1, 2008
This is what I am actually making for the Super Bowl Soiree we will be attending Sunday. The recipe is from my aunt and is WAY yummy.
Mexican Chicken Dip
4 chicken breasts (or 2-10 oz. pkgs. cooked Perdue)
½ pt. sour cream (8 oz.)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
small can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies (optional)
1 small onion chopped
¾ lb. Colby cheese, shredded
¾ lb. Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, shredded
Cook chicken and shred it when it’s cool. Mix shredded chicken with remaining ingredients. Spoon the chicken mixture into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
Bake at 350 º for 45 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: 18 to 20 (1/2 cup) servings
And that is why I sat and watched the Lost Recap and then the Lost New Episode - my first experience with Lost and it was not to be lost. And it will not be the Last of the Lost in my world.
WOW, that is some crazy shit (the show not the above sentence).
Anywho... ice has moved in and our ZONE is closed while the rest of the county is on a 2 hour delay. Our driveway is a solid sheet of ice and it is pouring rain so we will be "stuck" here for a few hours.
I have stories, pictures, videos, links for you... but I am a tad too lazy to put that all together right this minute. So ha, I bet you are totally bummed you stopped in to say hi.
Sometimes Playhouse Disney is my personal hero. This morning the girls got up early and I wanted to say hello so... a half hour never hurt anyone right? Well, except that Molly doesn't pay any attention to the TV, me, anything really. She likes to spend her time precariously perched on the bay window sill pulling on the death trap cords (blinds). But if you tell her NO or move her, she throws her self on the ground and INJURES herself in the midst of her tantrum. So in order to protect her I put her in a position where I know she will get hurt... ahhh being a mom totally freaking ROCKS.
WOW, that is some crazy stuff (the sentence, not the actual goings on).