Monday, August 18, 2008

Welcome Home or Stay In Bed or Monday's Suck

I really couldn't decide on a post title. And I haven't blogged because I haven't had pictures. Well, I still don't have pictures but I felt like blogging. It was a conundrum really. Am I capable of blogging without photos?

Anyway, we got back Saturday night. I watched the end of the women's marathon - AWESOME, and Phelps - unfreakingbelievable! So very cool to be able to say he is from Maryland.

Sunday we did the groceries, pool, unpacked, laundry, prepare for pre-school, etc. Plus I started back eating well and excercising which brings me to the post title and my Monday.
  • Alarm goes off at 5am- because the next few weeks are crazy in terms of schedule. And I want to excercise and this is the only time I figure I can do it.
  • I jump out of bed, get changed, and head outside with my iPod.
  • It is freaking pitch black dark. Remember, Maine is further south so at 5am it wasn't that dark.
  • I walk a little ways and remember that there are no lights on my road and it is kinda freaky so jump back in bed.
  • Get up at 6, shower, start blowing drying hair.
  • This is when my morning really starts.
  • When the WASP gets tangled in my hair (flipped upside down) and stings me twice in the freaking neck right under my ear.
  • And it hurts. It really hurts.
  • Scream for Doug. He comes up, grabs a credit card and scrapes my neck and tells me to make a paste from Baking Soda and water while he battles the wasp in my bathroom.
  • And it hurts. It really hurts.
  • I make the paste too runny and run out of Baking Soda but manage to get some on and it does help.
  • And it hurts. It really hurts.
  • Doug gets the wasp, comes and puts some stuff on my sting
  • Then I get the girls dressed, Doug gets them breakfast. I pack my new laptop bag, I pack up all of the stuff Aubrey needs for the first day of her new school, pack my healthy lunch, and get going - ON TIME!

Then I have to go to work. Well, after dropping Molly off and hearing her say, "Where sister go" and having my heart break. Then dropping Aubrey off at her new school - which I don't even get a hug good-bye, and then crying when I thought I wasn't going to be emotional at all.

And now I am at work, eating my healthy lunch and trying to figure out how I get a walk/run in tonight...

An Aside: And really what I want to know is, how do working women do it all? How do I figure out how to get all of my work done - which right now really requires 60 hours per week -get my kids where they need to go with in service days, half days, plus the Carnival at Aubrey's school this week, and LIFE?!?!


InTheFastLane said...

I only do it with lots of help from my MIL and running at 4:30 am. And even then....

I hope the sting is feeling better!

Erin said...

Oh, that sounds awful!  I hate wasps!!!  I hope your neck is feeling better.Even as a SAHM I feel overwhelmed with all the things, we as women, are supposed to do.  I can't even imagine adding a job on top of it all.  You're amazing!

Jessica said...

Remember the days when you weren't sure how to get ONE child to daycare and get yourself to work?? You'll adapt, I know you will...and probably faster than most others :-)

Cindy B said...

Emily - I thought I had a hard day...Thanks for the support during my going back to work adjustment. I hope Aubrey loved her first day of school.

Sunshine said...

That wasp thing could have never happened on a Wednesday, that is TOTALLY a Monday situation!

Sounds horrible.

I'm having some school anxiety, I can't believe I have a kid in junior high. And over the summer, he grew enough to look me in the eye. It's freaking me out. A LOT.

Unknown said...

I think that the title was completely appropriate!!! We do it because it needs to be done and you know..... (well, crap, can't use that excuse since you married a REAL man).

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.